Sunday 19 June 2011

Day 32 - EDINBURGH







Well,  Edinburgh didn’t disappoint. Woke to rain and gray skies and some wind (I love this country!) We decided to walk (because I’m so good at it now) as Kim said it wasn’t too far into town and then when we got there she said it shouldn’t be far up the hill to the Edinburgh Castle, but guess what we went the hard way up as the photos show!  



SHARON BEHIND BARS AT EDINBURGH CASTLE - A TASTE OF PRISON LIFE
Well the guide for the castle was really funny and very informative, I learnt a great deal (which I will be sharing with you all when I get home, so get ready!).
After that I wanted to go on the Mary King’s Close tour under the streets and guess what? We couldn’t find the street  that the tour was on and walked down some very steep steps and YES we did have to go right back up (stop laughing, I just wonder if there is a pattern going on in this trip!). We apparently walked right pass the Mary King’s Close sign after leaving the castle. But being the good girl guides that we are, asked lots of people to point the way and eventually found it (right next to where we stopped to look at some stalls – but on the other side of the street, I might add, stop laughing!!!!)

Well I thought it was great how these people lived so many years ago. If  you don’t like the dark or confined spaces I wouldn’t recommend it, lucky Kim has a friend like me to keep her calm and controlled (that is to wake her up and move her on to the next room, I think she didn’t sleep well last night). 

Dinnertime – went to 3 pubs for a quick dinner but they all stopped serving at 4pm so went back to the same one we went to last night! Well, that’s enough for that day, I was knackered from those pesky hills!

No comments:

Post a Comment