Thursday 9 June 2011

Day 20 - MUNICH





Well another day in Munich, up and at breaky, which I must say was surperb. 5 different cereals, all sorts of bread and buns, 7 different jams, cheeses and ham, boiled eggs with happy faces on them (puts you in a good mood for the start of the day and we are easly pleased when you don't have to go out for breakfast). then off to the On-Off bus by the station.
                                                                                                              We hopped on the Blue Bus tour (little mistake here) had to wait 45mins to start and then it only goes every hour from any of the stops if you want to get off, as we look over and see the Yellow and Red buses just down the road and they go ever 15mins (huge sigh from me) but thinking it should be good! (another mistake). Well we have a live guide (that is how they advertised it) by the end of the trip would have settled for a dead one as they don't talk!!!!!!
           
 She started by talking in German then English and by the end of the 2hour 25min tour she was talking German, Italian and then English but most of the time all I heard was blah blah blah then "hello we will be passing the (we will call it rubble hill but not sure what she said in her accent) Rubble Hill which was made from the rubble from the bombing in the 2nd World War. We must have passed this little hill about four times and each time she would get excited and explain how it came about. I had trouble staying focused by the 2nd time round. Keep thinking I wonder why I didn't bring the sun block and  wonder if that person in front knows they have a pimple on their neck?!!!

Well a couple of time they stopped for 10mins so you could take photos. Kim asked me if I wanted to get off but my butt was stuck to the seat and I must admit was only semi-conscious with all the blah blah blah going on and lucky I did because as soon as people got off the people from the top (sorry forgot to say we were on the top with the roof off) the people from down under swooped up like a vulture looking for their next meal (of cause I mean seats) but being the true friend that I am, I flung myself across our 2 seats to protect them!

 After this stimulating morning we decided to walk to a Street Festival about 20min walk (oh yeah forgot to say they have no shops open on Sunday lucky for us). Well they had stalls for saving whales, dogs, cats, pigs, monkey, animals I hadn't heard of but not tourists for some funny reason. Couldn't sign up for any of that so we sat and had cakes instead.
 So after that we headed back for a little rest (I bet you would like one from this) so we would be all perky for the big Glockenspiel at the Rathaus in Marien Platz. Ah yeah it only happens at 11am, 12pm and 5pm daily.

 We arrived about 4.45pm and alot of people were mingling about waiting as well, we spotted a couple of chairs and asked if we could sit and they said yes as they were Americans, the guy had seen this at least 5 times so explained some of it and Kim had seen this as well. Well I was looking up at 4.57pm waiting with baited breath and hoping I don't need a chiropractor from all this looking up. Then the bells chimed and looking up and trying not to blink in case I missed the start (I didn't) waited and waited. The top half did their turns and then the bottom half did their turns and that was that! Kim has videoed most of it, but got side track with some horse dung just in front of us and this tour group walking past and some people stepping in it! :-) Ok I know you're thinking 'Wish I was there!!!' Oh yeah where we sat we had to get a drink so ordered a house Red Wine which cost us 7.50 euros each (CRAP) so MacDonalds was on the menu for tea.
 

Thinking we would hit the town for our last night in Munich, we sat by the fountain by the square. We lasted 30mins and toddled off to our red-light distict saying goodbye to Munich.

No comments:

Post a Comment