Wednesday 15 June 2011

Day 28 - LONDON

Our start to the day was interesting as we purchased the tickets for the On-Off bus thinking we would go to the Tower of London and work our way back through London.

 Oh yes it was 9.30am in the morning so thinking there shouldn't be much traffic, but we hit every RED light in the city and when we got to Madame Tussauds the bloody bus broke down and we sat there on the top deck for 35mins, but there was a plus as we watched some guys putting scaffolding up to the left of us. (The time just flew for me). Kim was pacing the top deck saying "what's that bloody driver doing?") Don't you all worry Kim and I can now erect scaffolding: if you need us just ring!!!!! Anyway on our way still every bloody red light in the city, so what should have taken us 30mins took us nearly 2 hours (stop smiling). 
Sharon and her YeoMAN
The tower of London was so worth the trip tho' as we had the Beef Eater to guide us through. He was entertaining to say the least. In this picture of me with the Beef Eater he was saying to me "Work it Girl" (I know you laughing out loud now) I'm sure he meant it!!!!
Oh yes they have a part of the Tower called the Bloody Tower (yes mum I can swear tha't what they call it) where they keep the important people ie: Queen Anne Boleyn, Catherine Howard....... before they were beheaded, there were 5 women and 1 man that were kept in there over the time.
Kim and Sharon's YeoMAN













 Picture with the bridge in the back gound is the Tower Bridge which I might say we were privlliaqge to see open and let a boat through and they have to bookk this event a week in advance as it stop all the traffice on bth side of the bridge for about 5min (stop yawning) Kim videoed the whole thing so just ask.








If only I could get in and wave to everyone like Kate did.....
Kim dragged me to Buckingham Palace as she said I had to see it , I was happy not to (I did see it for the royal wedding, don't think it has changed) but glad I did rattle the gates hoping Queeny would see me (kidding). 










Auntie Sharon and Haley
By the way we have been walking for hours by now and still going as we were going to meet Haley (my niece) for dinner a Covent garden which was buzzing (where Eliza Doolittle did her thing "Flowers for Sale").










At least we can stand outside the Ritz!






Went back to the Ritz to get a photo with the nice door man who showed us the door, still not dressed right!!!!









 

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff! good to see you are seeing all the important things...

    ReplyDelete